Project launching – 12.12.2014 – Institutul Francez – Bucharest
On December 12, 2014, the French Institute in Bucharest hosted the official launch of the "European best practices to support children with high potential and to access training for gifted children with disabilities - Gifted (for) you" project. The event was attended by representatives of the coordinating school, Școala Profesională Specială pentru Deficienți de Auz ”Sfânta Maria”, representatives of the initiating institution, Kleine Schule and partners, guests, parents and children. The theater band "Necuvinte" presented an artistic moment with the children from "Next Star", coordinated by Mrs. Anca Pârlog. Adrian Vasile Trestian, a talented hearing impaired young man, made caricatures of the participants who wanted to have a different reminder of the moment.
Project meeting in Plovdiv – Bulgaria – 12-16 January 2015
On 12 to 16 of January, 2015, the first meeting with the management teams of all partners took place in Plovdiv, Bulgaria. On this occasion, we had the opportunity to visit the University and special school for children with hearing impairments in Plovdiv. It was a work meeting during wich the project began to take form, we got to know each other, and sign partnership agreements as well as establish the curriculum to be developed on the platform. We enjoyed the hospitality, enthusiasm and professionalism of all partners.
Project meeting in Przemysl – Poland – 20-24 April 2015
Between 19 and 24 April, 2015, the second transnational meeting took place in Przemysl - Poland. The host of the meeting was School for the Hearing Impaired No. 2 in Przemysl, Poland, a partner of the Gifted for you European Project. The hosts prepared for us, among other things, meetings with the local decision makers and professors of the University of Krakow. During these meetings, we were informed about the educational system, specifically the actions taken with respect to special learning for gifted children. The participants described the structure of the e-learning modules and applications that will be loaded on the online platform. It was an exchange of experience and best practices on the methods and techniques of teaching and training. The structure of the training course in Bulgaria, at the end of August, was also established.
Conference – Bucharest – 10 iunie 2015
In June 2015, during the international conference "The role and importance of European programs in developing schools in Romania", organized by Special Secondary School for the Hearing Impaired "Saint Mary", a significant event was the presentation of the "European best practices to support children with high potential and to access training for gifted children with disabilities - Gifted (for) you." project. The participants, representatives of the Ministry of Education and Research, the 6th District City Hall , teachers and partners in the "Innovative technologies for active language class" project showed interest in our initiative and praised the project team.
Training session in Plovdiv – Bulgaria – 24-29 august 2015
Between 24 and 31 August , 2015, a training session in "gifted" psycho pedagogy took place in Bulgaria. Volunteers of the "European best practices to support children with high potential and to access training for gifted children with disabilities - Gifted (for) you" project shared the experience they have had in creating a curriculum for children with high asynchronic ability (above average cognitive development, without disabilities) and double-exceptional children (above average cognitive development, but asperger / sensory impaired). Training partners from Bulgaria held an interesting workshop on sugestopedia. The Gifted (for) you project team returned home stronger, and with wonderful experiences.
Work meeting with the IT Team - RODAX
Introductory course in Gifted Psychopedagogy
In the period January – June 2015, Kleine Schule Association for Science and Education, in partnership with “St. Mary” Special Middle School for Hearing Impaired, organized an Introductory course in Gifted Psychopedagogy.
The course was coordinated by Prof. Florian Colceag and took place at “St. Mary” Special Middle School for Hearing Impaired. The participants included both the volunteers engaged in the project and the members of the project management and implementation teams from the two institutions.
The course topics were the following:
- Motivational factors and self-esteem.
- Inhibitors and boredom in schools.
- Social reaction and the education of non-violence.
- The ADHD syndrome and other medical or social “labels”.
- Characteristic features and age-specific stages.
- The cognitive world of children.
- Multiple intelligences.
- What Gifted Education really is.
- The pillars of education. The starting factors and inhibitors of the children’s evolution.
- Styles and methods of learning. Styles and methods of teaching.
- The pyramid of learning efficiency.
- Evaluation of the direction and the amplitude of the ability, as well as of the social orientation according to the types of hobbies. The connection with the labor market.
- Educational architecture. How to make an individualized program and curriculum.
- Specific educational programs: Learning by doing, Feed-back, Debates.
- Creativity, cognitive abilities and the capacity of finalizing.
- Gifted programs addressed to various abilities.
- The Renzulli Rings. Modelling the programs starting from “The 3 Rings” model.
- The current educational programs as provided by the Law of Education.
- Examples, analysis of existing programs, the needs of the current system / opportunities for development.
- The mentorship network, online work, development of peer-to-peer hobby and the student’s portfolio.
- Online and offline resources for program development.
- Enrichment programs. Rehabilitation programs. Advancing programs.
- The pace of learning. Asynchrony or retard.
- Psychological characteristics of exceptional or dual exceptional children.
- Types and models of programs for the development of exceptional and dual exceptional children.
- Identification, evaluation and screening.
- Strategies for the implementation of alternative educational methods into the classic state system.
- Management of crises through education.
- Approach exercises and techniques. Analysis of projects suggested by participants.
- Approach exercises and techniques. Applications on projects devised by participants.
- Representation systems. Typologies. Pyramid of logical levels.