About the project
”St. Mary” Special Middle School for Hearing Impaired- Bucharest, Romania, in partnership with “Kleine Schule” Association for Education and Science, a member of the World Council for Gifted and Talented Children- ROMANIA, Trencadis Corp SRL – ROMANIA, Specjalny Osrodek Szkolno - Wychowawczy nr 2 – POLAND, Special High-School for Deaf-Mute Children – BULGARIA and the University of Plovdiv – BULGARIA, has started the project entitled European best practices to support children with high potential and to access training for gifted children with disabilities - GIRFTED (FOR) YOU.
The project is co-financed by the European Union through the ERASMUS + Program, Action KA2, Cooperation and Innovation for Good Practices
The goal of the project is the introduction of innovative and interactive methods and strategies into the educational act, to stimulate creativity and maximize the children’s potential, for an increased performance and efficiency of teaching.
Duration of the project is 24 months.
Development of the project will result in:
- Training courses in “Gifted Education”
- 4 batteries of tests, adapted for on-line use
- 4 on-line educational modules
- Recording of the courses for accreditation
- Testing of the children with internationally licensed tests, adapted for on-line use
- Posters, folders, other informative materials to promote the events within the community, with elements of visibility for the financier
- 1 presentation movie
- 9 photo-voice exhibitions with elements of visibility for the financier
- 2 shows to benefit the high potential children in which they will perform themselves, with elements of visibility for the financier
- 1 fundraising event
The target group of the project is made up of:
- Hearing-impaired, vision impaired and Asperger children
- Students from mainstream education
- Educational institutions for students with special needs
- Local community